Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

She Starts...


You mean another? 

That is what my husband said when I said I created a new blog for my crafts. 

True, I am guilty of polluting the Internet with my garbage. I have been blogging since 2004 and this is my first time to blog about my passion. Crafting. 

I wouldn't say I am creative or talented because I am pretty sure that there are a lot more out there who can do better. I made this blog as an avenue not only to show what I am working on but also to find resources or help. 

On sewing and crafting

I am truly fascinated with fashion. There is a happiness that a great outfit can give that some people may not understand. When I was a kid, I used to play with paper dolls and I can spend the whole day trying to make one outfit after another. Then, my sister (the youngest) had gotten a Barbie doll and that I think it started my sewing interest. I would make clothes for my sister's Barbie doll using old handkerchief, rags and whatever I can find that suits. I probably impressed my grandmother because at one point she let me use her old Singer sewing machine. No one dared to touch it. It is so old that it takes a lot of screw turning for it to work. With that machine, I was able to make a  lot of things- including- my prom dress. It wasn't spectacular. At this time ( until now actually) I do not know pattern making. My sewing skills can be roughly described as "guerrilla". I cut and sew at the same time hoping that I am doing the right thing. This method kept me happy for most of the time until just recently. A friend of my husband showed me how to sew with patterns. And there I saw where my I should take this so-called passion. Understanding the rules of sewing so that I can manipulate better the art. 

This blog will show projects that I am working on. Success or fail. I will post it here, in hopes that some by chance reader who knows a lot better about sewing can guide and help me hone this craft.

On cooking

I should probably tell this from the start: I am not a good cook. I am scared of fire, of hot oil and exploding oven. But since now we do not have a gas lit stove and oven, I thought, I should at least try. Anyway, recipe is nothing but following directions, right? I will post in this blog recipes that I am trying or would like to try. Should you be a genius in the kitchen, do not hesitate to correct me.

On French

I live in France and I would like to perfect my French. I will write in French sometimes so that the good-hearted French speakers can correct my conjugaision and my grammaire.
That's all!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment